If you have been compiling your own travel bucket list, here is another Pacific coast destination to add. Once an under-the-radar location, Riviera Nayarit is becoming more popular and widely known by travelers looking for a relaxing Mexican getaway. There are a variety of activities to keep tourists as busy as they would like to be. And with such a laid-back atmosphere, vacationing in the area can help even high-strung travelers to mellow out and enjoy everything that this Mexican gem has to offer. Take a look at the following 10 reasons to make sure you vacation in Riviera Nayarit in the near future:
- Pristine Beaches – With soft sand and azure waters, the alluring beaches around Riviera Nayarit set the perfect scene for rest and relaxation. Lounge around under a palapa in the sand, swing in a hammock or jump into the surf to cool off.
- Adventure Awaits – Jungle-covered mountains encompass the area beaches to create magnificent vistas within nature. If you want to get your adrenaline pumping in the great outdoors, set out on a thrilling ATV tour or zipline through the trees on a canopy tour.
- Plentiful Watersports – The splendid waters of Banderas Bay and surrounding Pacific Ocean that lap up on the coastline of Riviera Nayarit are filled with incredible biodiversity, which makes the area a popular spot for snorkeling and scuba diving. Boating opportunities, from sport fishing to sailing, allow you to get out on the water and have a blast. There are also several renowned surf breaks for those who want to catch some waves.
- Scrumptious Dining – Whether you are trying out a top-rated gourmet restaurant or a local seafood shack or taco truck, you can look forward to delicious food at every meal because the food in this region is phenomenal!
- Fascinating Culture – You will notice vibrant artwork and handicrafts at every turn in Riviera Nayarit, where local indigenous peoples such as the Huichols honor and cherish their rich cultural heritage. From handmade stuffed animals to intricate string art, you will be finding reasons to take it home with you!
- Shop ‘til you Drop! – The area is filled with shopping opportunities ranging from authentic Mexican markets where you can practice your bargaining skills, to upscale boutiques selling fine jewelry, clothing, artwork and decor.
- Welcoming Hospitality – The people of Mexico are known as some of the friendliest folks in the world, and those who reside in Riviera Nayarit are especially so. Whether you want to know more about the local history or just need directions while walking around town, you will find plenty of friendly faces who will be glad to help.
- World-Class Spas – If your travels typically involve some indulgent spa treatments, you will be pleased to discover incredible spas with talented therapists awaiting your arrival to make you feel delightfully pampered.
- Luxury Accommodations in Riviera Nayarit- Discerning travelers enjoy staying in Riviera Nayarit because the area offers chic hotels and resorts that provide unforgettable stays in the lap of luxury. The area’s all-inclusive resorts are a great choice for families.
- Golf Lover’s Dream – Travelers who enjoy a few rounds of golf while on vacation will definitely be in the right place, as there are several breathtaking courses that boast incredible views and fun challenges.
Check out other blog posts: